Blog Logo
  • Blog Slide
  • Blog Slide
  • Blog Slide

Too Three Facts You Should Know Before Hiring Medical Billing Services

Mri billing

If you are looking to hire medical billing services, whether you are looking for orthopedic billing, physicians billing, or radiology billing, here are a few very important facts that you need to know.

1. HCPCS is the Healthcare Common Procedure Coding System. This set of standardized healthcare codes is maintained and updated quarterly by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, part of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. Though most companies that work in medical billing in the United States are required to be aware of and fluent in the use of these procedures, it can not hurt to double check and make sure that they are.

2. HCPCS is also used to describe the specific items and services provided in healthcare delivery. They are quite complicated, which is one of the main reason for hiring outside medical billing services.

3. Medical coding and billing specialists generally work in places like medical offices, clinics, hospitals, insurance companies, and government agencies. However, they also often are housed separately and are dedicated solely to the purpose of medical billing.

Comments

Ruben Barnes 20-07-2014, 12:56

I’m not really sure that I want to get into some thin like this, but i have to say that it is pretty interesting. I think that it would be fairly cool to do some thing like that. I think it would be a pretty secure job

Tommy Ford 19-08-2014, 12:59